I just can’t get enough of candle wedding centerpieces – they are classy, timeless and oh-so-pretty. They emit an old-timey vibe that can be embraced for a celebration packed with vintage, romantic vibes, or can be revamped for a more modern feel. From home-made, handmade candle alternatives, to store-bought selections, these warm glowing decorations add an extra dose of elegance, beauty, and allure to any style of wedding tablescape.
Picture your reception dinner with all of your favorite people gathered together framed by the soft, flickering light of candles. These beautiful details have the added benefit of casting a romantic glow on the faces of your loved ones, which will also result in some great wedding photos. In today’s blog post, I’ll shine a light on some of my favorite votive candles ideas to create table centerpieces.
Votive candles have proven to be a DIY wedding classic. Their unbeatable affordability is a reason more why I love them so much – you can buy them in bulk and do wonders with their great versatility and uncanny ability to make for an instant ambiance. No matter your theme, style or scheme, these lovelies will make you glowing with excitement.
- Flower Votive Centerpiece – Flowers and candlelight combined together is my forever favorite sight on a table. Place votive candles in tall glass vessels and attach a flower outside of each, trimming the stem to fit.
- Mason Jar Candles – Small lanterns made of vintage Mason jars in different sizes and heights accessorized with gold-trimmed ribbons will add a special charm to your wedding tablescape. Beware though – the jars can get very hot, so to prevent sticking, fill the vessels with 1/8 of water before you put the votive candles inside them.
- Stripped Candleholders – Add a powerful punch to your centerpiece by adding cute stripes to your votive candle glass holders. All you need to do is just use double-sided tape to attach the streamers around the glass holders.
- Vellum Votive Centerpiece – All you need is vellum paper, scissors and tape to give your simple votive candleholders height and an instant wow-element.
- Polaroid Photo Candles – Here’s a very cool and unique idea – take photos of you and your loved one and put them on the glass candleholders. The flickering light will light up your faces and add more charm to your already cute candle centerpiece.