When you have a new arrival in your house, preparations are necessary. Especially in the nursery as most of us probably want it to look and feel like a sanctuary of sorts. This kind of look and feeling is only really achieved with lots of hard work. Both parents and baby will spend a lot of time in here feeding, changing, and sleeping, so it’s not hard to see why the perfect room is what most parents are after. In order for the nursery to be perfect, one of the first steps involved is choosing the right wallpaper for nurseries. While it sounds easy, most people get a little overwhelmed by the range of wallpapers available. Luckily for you, below you will find a list of the best ideas when it comes to choosing wallpaper for nurseries which will hopefully inspire you.
1. Animal Wallpaper – Now I’m not talking about animal print wallpaper like tiger fur or leopard patterns which would look great in your teenage daughter’s room, but more like animal figures. This kind of wallpaper for nurseries comes in all sorts of types including jungle animals, ocean animals, and so on. Not only will it really let your kids imagination run wild, but it will also be a great tool to teach them different animals.
2. Patterned Wallpaper – Patterns always look great and will go well in every room, not just in the nursery. If you want a simple print of pattern you should try and choose one that has the colours that you associate with a nursery. Think light pinks, blues, purples, or yellows to really get a nice feeling. If you want to play it a little bold, don’t be afraid to mix and match patterns and colours to make the room feel more exciting.
3. Flower Prints – Floral printed wallpaper is something that is so versatile and comes in a range of different prints. That is probably why it’s such a popular choice, not to mention that it looks great in almost every room. You can find modern, large colourful prints if you want something fun, or you can stick to dainty prints if you are going for something a little more traditional. Your choice should reflect your personal taste as well as choosing something that goes with the rest of your home.
4. Dark Coloured Wallpaper – This is not something that you would usually associate with a nursery, but it can look really great when it is done right. Warm, earthy colours can really create a warm and soothing ambiance. If you decide to play with darker colours you should make sure that you choose a room that has enough natural lighting to light it up with lots of windows, or just make sure you add enough lamps and spotlights to stop the room from feeling small and stuffy.
5. Just Do One Wall – Accent walls are still a thing and are a great choice for people who only want a little bit of something to brighten up the room. Wallpaper is great for this because you don’t have to go through the hassle of only painting one wall. You can just stick it on and you’re done. There are so many great choices out there when it comes to kids wallpapers you are sure to find something that goes with your theme and interior.
6. Use It In Unexpected Places – If you don’t want the wallpaper all over the room, but are kind of over accent walls, why not put it somewhere it’s not usually found? You can keep the walls bare but try sticking some wallpaper on the ceiling. This is not as crazy as it sounds and you can easily find prints that would make a great view. You can find wallpaper that has been printed with clouds, birds, or the night sky. This is something that is super creative but doesn’t exactly create an eyesore. This is also something that can give your kid something to look at while they are falling asleep.