LED lighting is really cool and that’s not just bragging. These awesome lights became so popular in the last few years for one because they look so cool, but also because they create very little heat, last long and are simply awesome for Planet Earth. Every contemporary home has LED lighting and every interior designer will recommend them over the traditional incandescent light bulbs.
There are many specialized online LED lights stores that offer hundreds of different LED solutions that can perfectly fit any home, office, restaurant, hotel etc. However, there are many interesting facts about LED lights that many people don’t know, so before installing them in your home, take a closer look into these sparkling, modern bulbs.
- The first visible spectrum – LED was invented in the 60s by the professor Nick Holonyak. At first, LED lighting was a very expensive solution, but that’s not the case anymore. LEDs have become one of the most used tools in the making of computers, TVs, phones etc which means they are very widespread in so many fields.
- LED bulbs seem to be a thing for the future because of their interesting look and especially because of their ability to light up in every single color known to humankind. Also they are considered “lights of the future” because many people think they’re a new invention, when actually they’ve been around for over 50 years and almost every tech item these days is made out of them.
- Like I said before, you don’t have to go to the supermarket for light bulbs anymore, you can use the Internet to buy online LED lights for your bedroom, kitchen or bathroom. Just like almost everything today, you can purchase these goodies from your phone or your PC no matter if you’re at home or at the office.
- Led lights don’t attract bugs and mosquitoes like incandescent light bulbs do. Incandescent bulbs produce an ample amount of ultraviolet and infrared radiation and that’s something that bugs love to play around with. Switching to leds, these annoying little creatures will stop molesting you for eternity.
- Blue LEDs can keep some foods fresh. It’s been proven that they have antibacterial effect on foodborne pathogens and that’s the main reason why they’re implemented in most modern fridges.
- Deep blue and hyper red LEDs are great for horticulture as well. They provide light for photosynthesis and far red LED lights can control the plant from germination to vegetative growth and proper flowering.
- For many years now NASA has been studying the effects that light can have when it comes to healing wounds. Today, thanks to LED lights, physicians and healthcare workers offer light therapies to babies without having the risk of infrared radiation or dangerous increases in temperature.